Motor Wiring Diagram Question (G0500 Jointer)

Wiring up my G0500 motor this evening, and just wanted to bounce this off you guys. If you could refer to the manual at

on PDF page 19 (page number 17 in the actual manual) the section "Wiring Connection".

In the 220V diagram I assume the "hot" leads connect to the two outside screws, but the ground lead is what I'm wondering about. It doesn't show a connection to the middle screw, and there is certainly no chassis mount anywhere on the motor. So, where do you think it should go? I'm thinking middle screw.

Thanks for any input.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

The ground goes to the case of the motor. Look for a green screw around the edge of the wiring box

Reply to
Greg

Thanks!

Reply to
Brian

The diagram shows a chasis ground. I would use one of the screws that holds the cover on or a screw that holds the terminal block down. I wouldn't use the middle screw because the terminal block is probably not grounded. Probably the safest thing to do is to email grizzly and ask them. My 2 cents.

Jim website:

Jim