A couple of weeks ago I was having problems cutting mortises in pine using a
brand new Delta machine. Seems as though the stock setup is not real good
for pine, but no problem for hardwoods.
Since it was up to 30 degrees today, I decided to go out and do some work.
I marked out the locations for the 1/4" mortises, but this time, I drilled a
series of 3/16" holes first. They I went back to the machine and finished
the cuts. No clogging, good cuts. I did a couple in maple with no
pre-drilling just to prove a point and it gave me clean cuts.
I also cut 32 tenons using the Delta jig. Sure beats doing it the way I was
before. Accurate and a good fit. Of the 32 joints, a few will have to be
fit a little, but the others just slipped together, just like in the movies.
Or on Norm's show.
Click to see the full signature.