Minwax pre-stain wood conditioner

Does anyone know where I can buy gallon size can of Minwax pre-stain wood conditioner? Every other Minwax product except this is sold in my local HD in Qt or Gallon size. I need to stain several wood doors so I would like to but a large can to save some money. Are there only resources that sell pre-stain wood conditioner in gallon size with reasonable shipping charge?

Reply to
Sasha

Mark L.

I've used natural Danish oil as a pre-stain conditioner and for my purposes it seems to work just as well, plus it's a lot cheaper than the Minwax stuff.

Reply to
mp

That would describe Minwax #209.

Of course, BLO 1:3 with thinner's a good substitute.

Reply to
George

I am not sure about Gallon, but I got Qt size from HD.

Max

Reply to
MaxEN

The Mixwax pre-stain goes a long ways and a single "small" can would probably do two 3-0 doors... Check the coverage on the can. I only used about 2/3rds of a can on a table that was about 30X64--top, bottom, frame, legs, leave structure, etc., were all covered liberally. A couple door slabs wouldn't be much more surface area.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin