Minneapolis Woodworking

I am going to Minneapolis next week. Are there any good woodworking stores that I should go to? Thanks!

Reply to
rjb

There is a Granger there - not really 100% woodworking - but a kewl store.

Reply to
Rob V

Also, not quite woodworking, but 7-Corners Ace hardware is a block away from XCel energy center in St. Paul.

A trip upstairs is always worthwhile.

Reply to
John Hofstad-Parkhill

What does that say about Minneapolis? Graingers is the best they can do??? Dave

TeamCasa

rjb

I moved to PHX from MN in 1996 so am not too current on the woodworking stores there anymore. Can't say for sure if it is still there but Woodcraft had a real nice store just east of I-35W on northeast corner of Lyndale Ave and 98th St. (Oxboro area in Bloomington) REI outdoors store was on the northwest corner and Burger Bros. outdoors store on the southeast corner so it was always a very expensive stop for me. Rockler has several stores and their headquarters in the Mpls area too.

DexAZ Apache Junction, AZ

Reply to
DexAZ

r, I'll be watching for good suggestions from others here in the "Twin Cities", but I found the following in a search, a carvers exhibit, through May 30:

looks kindof interesting:
Glad I did a search, I didn't realize this was coming up so soon, but I really want to go this year. Minn Woodworkers Guild Annual Northern Woods Exhibition.
the bottom of this page. April 29 through May 2, so if you're here later in the week, this would be the best bet!

Also, if none of these pans out... and along the lines of other non-ww'ing suggestions, Axman Surplus on University Ave.in St. Paul is cool. If you like browsing though old surplus military and electronic and other junk. Might even find something you can use.

Reply to
Keith Carlson

I like to go to the Xylos gallery (Xylos is a woodworkers' co-op showroom) when I visit my in-laws in MN. Some incredible furniture.

dp

Reply to
David E. Penner