MFT3 + T75 vs Kapex.

Same money, give or take. I can think of all kinds of reasons to go with the MFT & T75 because it will do so much more than the Kapex... and I am wondering if the Kapex would be more accurate if at all?

You see... *I* am rethinking my next move. I received an offer for my countertop business, but I keep my CNC. I will basically have no tools. Period. A fresh start for a much more interesting path. I already have a few designs to fill orders I have. And NO MORE solid surface dust! These are interesting times. The current General CNC gets upgraded to maybe one of these:

then the Festool MFT with a T75. No table saw, No planer, NO jointer, No mitre saw. Maybe (likely) another Ridgid drill press.) (One eye is looking at a Domino) Kreg Jig. A VERY powerful dust collector with cyclone. Spray booth. (DeVilbiss down-draught)

Reply to
Robatoy

The Kapax would possibly be more accurate for cross grain dado's and cross cutting would probably be more easily done with the Kapax but IMHO you will get more use out of the table and TC75. You wont be making many cuts in the

2' and longer range with the Kapex.

Reply to
Leon

With no table saw in the plans, I can't imagine not having a miter saw of some type when doing just about any kind of general woodworking.

Sounds like a nice sea change. Have you checked out FOG yet:

Swingman

Don't see how to have much solid input (so to speak :) ) w/o at least some idea of what the object is...

If'en you're makin' dust the DC is obvious. Finishing, yeah...

Personally, anything that required pocket screws I'd avoid, but that's me... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

"Robatoy" wrote

No tools?? NO TOOLS?!?!?!?

You would be nekkid. Get some tools man! Maybe Harbor Freight? LOL

I don't know what the market is for CNC stuff in your area is. But you may just be about to find out. But no tools and no shop?? Sound bad. You are going to have do do something. I can not imagine you on the front porch, gumming oatmeal, in a rocking chair.

Interesting times indeed.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Oh goodie... another forum....and a damned fine one at that

The MFT and a track will do all kinds of crosscuts. I was looking at a demo at the Toronto Woodworking Machinery show and I can see that a mitre saw would be essential in a face-frame project. I can see that. But it doesn't need to be a Kapex.....does it?

Reply to
Robatoy

I really can't imagine doing an "upgrade" to a Kapex under most circumstances, as the LS1013 serves my purpose well. AAMOF, I don't think I would consider one even if I had to suddenly replace the Makita, as I simply have no need for a miter saw of that calibre.

Now, if I suddenly had to make a living as a trim carpenter ...

Reply to
Swingman