Merry Thanksgiving

Finished a quickie drawer job this morning that more than paid for the truck repair on Monday; fought the traffic idjuts and bought everything needed to make dirty rice dressing; and stocked up on enough Pennsylvania Dutch Eggnog to last until Friday.

That time of year again. Y'all have a good one!

Reply to
Swingman

On Thanksgiving, I count my blessings and my fingers. Lots of the former and still 10 of the latter. Out early this morning and got the last Elegant Farmer apple/cranberry pie. $16 is a lot of money for a pie, but it is worth every cent.

A good turkey day to all of you.

Larry

Reply to
Gramps' shop

Enjoy! Radiator?

Reply to
Leon

Right back at ya'!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

You guys too ... say Hello to Pam and Dean.

More or less, replaced cracked/leaking housing on top (plastic); and had that mysterious bearing that makes 'narrow range temperature' dependent noise replaced while they were at it.

It's always something ...

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks, you as well. The whole week has been pretty good, but I'd sensed something was missing. After reading your post, I zipped to the neighborhood grocer. No eggnog! Will drive a little further, tomorrow.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Gosh, I forgot all about eggnog! I don't think I've had any in a decade. I just made an "emergency call" to my wife (while she is out)!

To all, my best Thanksgiving wishes! Remember not to cut the hair off your arm with the cutlery at the table, and not to comment on it if you can't (for instance, don't say, "I've got worn saw blades that will cut bread with less chipout than this...")! : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

$16 buck seem to be cheap for a pie and I am not picking on you, have you ever stop and think? What blessing? There are many homeless, struggling from day to day and not knowing what next. Many lost their homes, saving, lives and with the endless wars. Some might blame the "looser,? it's their fault. I really wondering what's thanksgiving it's all about?

Why not watch this:

John

Oh, good grief! You must be a Democrat.

Reply to
krw

You have no soul, Larry. The LAST Elegant Farmer apple/cranberry pie? The big one, stuck to the bag and everything? For shame!

Since you're in the area, have you sampled the BBQ at LD'S over in East Troy? Corner of ES & 20 in the BP station of all places. Outstanding. The pie will wash it down perfectly

Happy Thanksgiving.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

LOL You didn't even give him the chance to get to the democrats talking points about signing up for obamakare on turkey day.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

------------------------------------------- Truly the universal holiday with no hidden agenda.

Enjoy it everybody.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

There are a lot of us struggling to get by, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take the time to be thankful for what we do have. I'm Canadian, so I've already had my Thanksgiving this year, but I'm still alive and my health isn't getting any worse at this time so that's something I can always be thankful for.

Reply to
none

"....There are a lot of us struggling to get by, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take the time to be thankful for what we do have. I'm Canadian..."

Yes, you and millions including me struggle to get by. We are probably the lucky ones. However, ten thousand?s homeless veterans are not as lucky including the millions who have to adjust their lives since 2008. And the wars continue...

Thankful for what?? If you are man enuff, watch the video....

BTW, I ain't a Democrat nor Repug.... Duopoly!

Reply to
John

Best wishes and turkey to you all!

Reply to
Casper

You're a liar, but lefties are.

Reply to
krw

It seems "John" doesn't agree.

Thank you, Lew. You and your family, too.

Reply to
krw

Thank you, Swinger, er....Swingman, you too.

Reply to
dadiOH