MDF kitchen island table top. Supports?

I've built an island with a 3/4" MDF top, tiled w/12" sq ceramic tile and and edged w/ ~3/4" oak.

t's 35x 48 and offset on the base for about ~11" overhang on two sides.

Under the overhang on two sides, how many supports do I need under the table top surface? I am guessing two supports on the 35" span, but do I need more than two for the 48" long overhang?

Also, can I get by with an angled support where the offset overhangs meet?

Reply to
robdewhirst

2 brackets of 8" long should do.

That would be nice. There is a stress point there.

Make sure you use grouting that has some flex to it.

It would also help if you primed both sides of the MDF before installing the tiles.

Robatoy