island counter top

I'm planning on replacing the countertop on my kitchen island. I'm looking at a marble slab in the center (almost) and 3/4" strips of wood on a heringbone pattern around it. This is on a 3/4" plywood base. Any suggestions on how to fasten these wood strips down? I really don't want to top nail them all down.

thanks, Terry

Reply to
Terry Kangas

I do not think marble is the best choice for kitchens. Marble can be porous and will stain if not sealed on a regular basis. Try to find a granite you like... or a solid surface.

Rob

sandman

if the strips are strip flooring, use the conventional blind nail through the tongue. if not flooring, glue and/or screws from underneath.

Reply to
bridger