Material for shed floor

Hi,

I read that many people use plywood for shed floor. I', just wondering could i use particle boards for flooring? This will be put on top of the CDX plywood bottom.

Eric.

Reply to
Eric

Eric asks:

You CAN use anything you want. Particleboad, though, is generally too soft for a finish floor.

Charlie Self

"The income tax has made liars out of more Americans than golf." Will Rogers

Reply to
Charlie Self

This is common in Europe. It's often done in loft / attic spaces, where the boards come as 3 to a square metre (so you can pass them through a small hatch) and have ready-machined interlocking edges.

However:

The chipboard (for normal use) is a heavier flooring grade. and the standard stuff is only for attics, to stop you putting a foot through the ceiling.

It doesn't last 5 minutes if there's the slightest bit of damp around.

Andy Dingley

don't use particle board. use ply or Sturdifloor (thick ply).

dave

Eric wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I consider FL a fairly extreme environment. Heat, humidity, rain, and lots of termites. My shed came with a pressure treated 1x6 T&G flooring. It's now 11 or 12 years old and still looks great. When/if it ever fails, I'll likely use the same material again. I've used plywood in previous sheds (not PT), and I'd only get a few years before the moisture and bugs would tear it up.

Robert

Reply to
2manytoyz