making wooden drawer slides

I'm making a project that calls for inset drawers, and plan to use a single center drawer guide/slide. I like the idea of creating a sliding dovetail, this way the drawer won't tip out as easily when it is open. I just made a crude prototype on the router table, but was hoping for some advice before commtting to this design. I'm wondering if there's more to it than I'm thinking. is there something that I should watch out for when attempting to make these things for real?

Reply to
Doug