Making band risers

Has anyone had any kind of experience building band risers? I've put some together over the years for a couple of different companies and have always be suprised of how easy they seem to be. I'm considering making some for the local school but can't seem to find any kind of print to get an idea. Has anyone tried this in the past? Lou

Reply to
Lou

Wilson

How would it be any different from a liability standpoint than building new basement stairs, or a raised deck? What about a bookcase (that could fall on someone)?

I'm curious how people decide what is sufficiently risky to not want to do it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Reply to
Wilson

If I think that there is going to be any risk of lawsuits in the future, I just sign or label the work with someone elses' name. You can make one up that sounds real official. I like; Invisible, Inc.

Reply to
Robert Allison

Although a very good point, I'm thinking that the highest anyone would have to fall would be 24" if 4 sections where built at 6" increments. As for the liability, I'm considering opening a small corporation with insurance to take care of that side of it. It seems that the companies that do this proffesionally charge 10 times what these peices should cost just because it's taxpayer money. If the company it going to charge $50,000 for a dozen 4x8 platforms that I know I can build in a week, then maybe it's worth starting a small business for local schools. Lou

Reply to
Lou

Damn good advice! Government institutions have lawyers who sue. Everyone else is charging more for this very reason.

Cover your ass.

Reply to
A.M. Wood