Lye in S.E. America?

I only mentioned two ingredients, dye and aluminum flakes. That just goes to show how easy it is to miscommunicate.

Reply to
fredfighter

Devil the last time I wanted some and see if they still have it. And I'll let you know.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The manufacturer's product page is . There is a "where to buy" link off of that but I'm not clear if it is for that product specifically or for all products from the manufacturer.

On the other hand it would not surprise me if some coalition of blue-haired ladies had a tantrum and persuaded the stores to stop selling it.

FWIW, Fisher and Sargent-Welch both list various grades of sodium hydroxide pellets, however I have no idea what restrictions they place on ordering.

Reply to
J. Clarke

For what it's worth, when lye reacts with aluminum it generates hydrogen.

Reply to
joeljcarver

THANKS FOR THAT - THE WHERE TO BUY LINK WORKS NICELY, albeit sources are few and far between!

.
Reply to
resrfglc

Boy they really covered their ass! It appears that participation in the program is voluntary and they set their own limits and parameters. Control of the main substance is far more important and is currently being addressed in many or most states.

Glad to see that Idaho is not on that list of MethWatch states. Federal and State officials indicate that most meth that comes into Idaho is manufactured in Mexico, not locally manufactured. So, focus on controlling something like NaOH would be rather unproductive.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Thank God they don't make crystal Meth from wood!

Reply to
fredfighter

Was recently talking to an MD who is in family practice.

As far as he was concerned, the scariest substance on the planet right now is crystal meth.

Provides the highest high of any drug, and it is almost instantaneous.

Also an instantaneous drop when it wears off.

So simple and cheap to make, so totally addictive, so totally destructive to the user.

Before you ask, no the conversation never got around to including nuclear materials.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett