Lumber rack for plywood sheets etc.

I saw awhile back a plan for plywood sheets that were off of the floor and stored on a device that had 4 wheels on it. It stored the sheets up on their sides. I would appreciate it if any of you could direct me to a site I could buy a plan/download from or to a specific magazine that has one. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Dave

Until last week, I had been leaning my plywood sheets against my garage wall. I have 9-1/2 foot ceilings, so the sheets stand on edge easily. However, accessing the sheets was a real pain because the front sheets blocked the rear sheets.

So last week I cleared off a corner of my garage and built a small stud wall about 2' from the main wall. I then added some boards along the floor to elevate the sheets off the concrete. The sheets slide in from the front, and I can now flip through the sheets easily to find exactly the piece I'm looking for.

It's not super elegant, but it seems to work rather well.

As for the cart idea, just search on Google for "plywood storage cart". There are many ideas there.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

will this help?