Looking For Oscillating Tool Recommendations

The most "interesting" use of the tool that I experienced was when I helped my son put an bathroom exhaust fan in a really old house. Let me start by saying that I am afraid of heights.

The slope of the roof made it unwalkable, so we wanted to vent it up into t he attic and then out through the soffit. There was no room in the attic to cut the soffit hole from up there and the lay of the land prevented the us e of a ladder to reach the soffit from outside. The soffit was 3 stories ab ove the ground.

I ending up hanging halfway out of the bathroom window with a rope around m y waist and my son holding onto my legs. I forget what we tied the rope to but it was "secure" (yeah, right!)

Anyway, I was barely able to reach the soffit with the tool but managed to cut a square hole to hold the vent cover. It was really the only tool for t he job, allowing me to reach out and up with one hand and plunge through th e soffit.

Did I mention that I am afraid of heights?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Our local Home Depot has a full selection of most brands. The Fein's seem to have come down in price and there are others that are cheaper, like Ridgid and Dremel.

It's nice to be able to run in and get blades on the go.

Reply to
-MIKE-