Looking for a used planner/shaper/metal lathe in Michigan- lots of turning stuff to trade (Delta,Sorby,Nova,etc)

I'm in the marker for a planer, shaper, and maybe a metal lathe. I would prefer single phase tools but it's not a deal killer.

Some extra tools and tooling I would be willing to trade.

Sherline 5400 mini-mill w/tooling Delta wood/metal lathe (2ea-this is the "double duty" lathe first made in the 30's) Quite a bit of MT No. 2 tooling plus steady rests, tool rests, extra headstocks, bed extensions, compound slides etc. Sorby 8 piece turning tools set Sorby live centers set Sorby stub centers Oneway chuck with 1x8 tpi adapter Supernova2 chuck Nova mini scroll chuck (1x8 tpi internal, not adapter) Delta 4 jaw independent (1x8 tpi back plate)

I have a pretty full set of machinists tools as well.

I'm sort of getting ready to Ebay a lot of this tooling. But if anyone in my area has a decent planer, jointer, or shaper please let me know if you are interested in any of my extra tools. I am looking for a lighter duty or even bench top metal lathe that can turn

30" between centers. Swing is irrelevant. It must have a movable carriage. It doesn't have to be real beefy, just accurate. Oh, I need a small rotary table too.

If you feel tempted to email asking for my pricing then I probably will come back at you with a price that's "the going rate" anyway. I know the ebay values of most of my tools and I would not be to receptive to low ball offers. I wouldn't mind a nice trade though. Thats why I'm giving it a shot.

Email to edspeer1(not this)@earthlink.net or post here

Thank you, Ed

Reply to
Eddie

Your area? I'm in Michigan, too, but its almost 500 miles to Detroit.

Reply to
George