Live Oak Wood

I scored my latest one about 20 years ago, but still look for another now and then.

Reply to
Swingman

For anyone who's interested, here's a picture of a live oak that's famous in the Charleston, South Carolina area. I climbed this on this tree over 30 years ago.

Picture:

;-)

Reply to
Alan McClure

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:00:49 -0500, Alan McClure brought forth from the murky depths:

young teen. Ours were only 20-40' tall/wide.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Doug Miller schreef

regions of the southeastern USA.

Not naturally, but they have been cultivated there since the 16th century. Live oaks grow naturally in all the continents of the Northern Hemisphere. PvR

Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel

Rodney Myrvaagnes schreef

for that. They are hard and dense, compared to the usual beech.

  • + + Live oak (Quercus ilex) is one of the traditional woods for the handles of mortise chisels (factory-made, in the days when factory-made did not preclude small scale production). Also in the running works of windmills.

It will be some 50% stronger than beech. PvR

Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel