Oak wood floor refinishing

I am having all my oak wood floors refinished(including the kitchen floor/hall/living room/dining room/both bedrooms and closet). I live in a

1924 built home and I am sure that the floors have not been refinshed since the original job.

I am having the floors professional done by a firm with an excellent reputation and references.

We will be gone on vacation while they are doing the floors(they are of course licensed and bonded) and all our furniture will be in storage.

I have decided on the type of finish and am having 3 coats of it applied.

I have removed all of the old painted 1/4 round molding from the baseboards and prepared the baseboards for the new 1/4 round molding which will be the same finish as the floors and will be installed after the floors are done.

I have countersunk any nails/etc in the floor that I was not able to remove.

I plan the have all walls/ windows/ doors etc clear of any and all dust.

What are questions/concerns/etc I need to be aware of prior to having the job done?

Thanks in advance for all your assistance,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

You covered most everything, you know im sure Oil Poly yellows water base poly does not. Change alarm and garage codes maybe even locks on returning. Try to have someone verify 3 coats. If you have forced air heat tape a filter over the returns, walls will be full of dust also. A cleaning crew can clean dust before furniture is moved back.

Reply to
m Ransley