Like a delivery room...

I'm pacing, waiting, wondering... What will happen when I take off the clamps? Is this glue-up going to bow in the middle, split apart at the seams, or otherwise self destruct? Will my many hours of hard labor pay off, or did I waste a bunch of wood?

I'm doing that multi-strip chess board that everyone suggested in response to my query. First time I've ever glued together so many pieces, or with the need for such a high degree of precision. I'm using my newly made-over workbench for the clamping, which seriously kicks ass I must say, but that newly acquired ease of applying pressure is the only thing that has gone effortlessly today.

Reply to
Silvan