Lie-Nielsen or Veritas

Thanks!

Reply to
B A R R Y

4 words. Pat Buchanan. Soviet Canuckistan. Most Canuckistanians just laugh at sh*t like that, but it was hardly intended as a compliment. You should probably lighten up and likewise laugh at the anti-Murrican stuff that comes out of Canuckistan.
Reply to
Doug Payne

I imagine most Canadians view Pat Buchanan as being something of a horse's behind.

If it helps any... so do most Americans.

Reply to
Doug Miller

When we beat the staff, we do it in a polite manner ...

That's the right way, eh?

;)

Reply to
Rob Lee

Sure, that's the point I was trying to make. There's horse's behinds everywhere, including 1 or 2 in Canada. We mostly ignore ours too.

The vast majority of Canadians are much too polite to engage in the kind of "virulent rhetoric against the US" the OP was talking about :-)

Reply to
Doug Payne

I used to work with a Canadian fellow who referred to one of your former PMs as "Cretin". :-)

I've noticed that. I've vacationed in Canada a number of times -- my wife and I honeymooned in Jasper Nat'l Park, for example -- and have *never* encountered rudeness there, except, I'm sorry to say, from other Americans. Just the same, I'm sure you have your share of volatile and voluble lunatics, just as we do.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Still remember the cafe in Thunder Bay where the wife and I stopped for lunch. Everyone was speaking English when we came in, then switched to French. So, what the hell, we started conversing in Russian. They appeared somewhat annoyed, but went back to English thereafter.

Wouldn't have worked in the prairie provinces....

Reply to
George

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons. Bertrand Russell

Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country. Bertrand Russell

Couldn't resist ... it looked too much like temptation.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit

True that ... but which regulations are wrong? The foreign companies cannot compel American companies to sell them drugs below cost so I gotta think that the pharma companies are still making a profit off foreign sales ... but just aren't able to gouge them as effectively as they are able to gouge Americans.

When American companies gouge American citizens I have a hard time believing that foreign regulations play a large role in the overall problem.

Reply to
Bill in Detroit