Re Lie-Nielsen or Veritas

It's time I buy a good plane. I need it for fitting doors to openings,

>drawers to openings, and the like. I don't need one for surfacing >large areas. What size would you suggest? I'm leaning towards a No. >4. Which brand do you prefer: L/N or Veritas? I'm not concerned about >the price.

The Veritas planes are very good -- square and flat right out of the box, quite sharp with only light honing needed, sturdy and well balanced. Excellent planes, and a good value.

But if you're not concerned about the price, buy the L-N.

Or buy the Veritas, and send the difference to me.

Reply to
srazor