Lets talk joints

With increasing wood prices keeping costs down is key IMHO. Question 1: What are the advantages of using a glue joint bit as opposed to straight cutting edges for panel glue ups. Question 2: Do the advantages truly offset the additional costs (due to more waste per joint and tooling costs) or improve panel rejection rate. And last as usual, Might there be a better way?

Reply to
garyhuff

I get very good results from straight edges. Never saw the need for profiled edges -- just seems like additional trouble to set up.

Doug Miller

Yes, and if you do raised panels, you get interesting results at the glue joints if you use a glue joint bit.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Reply to
garyhuff