Lathe parts source???q

I need a drill chuck for a Rockwell - Beaver 11" wood lathe model 3401A
(later Delta).
Anyone know where I might get parts for it???
Keith P.
Reply to
Salmo
Pretty much any drill chuck with the right taper -- probably MT2 in this case, but that's just a guess -- ought to work.
Try asking over at rec.crafts.woodturning, too.
Reply to
Doug Miller
Nope..I wish it was morse taper, but not on this one. A buddy loaned me an MT2 yesterday and it's not even close, The spur on the headstock screws onto a thread and is about 2" long...No luck at that end either. Will try the site you suggested.
Thanks..Keith P.
Reply to
Salmo
: I need a drill chuck for a Rockwell - Beaver 11" wood lathe model 3401A : (later Delta).
: Anyone know where I might get parts for it???
If it's a standard taper, there's all sorts of sources. If it's a Morse taper, try any woodturning supplier (woodcraft, lee Valley, Craft Supplies). If it's a different taper, I'd try a machinist supply (McMaster-Carr, MSC).
To figure out what it is, I'd go to
(the Old Woodworking Machines group website), and dig around.
-- Andy barss
Reply to
Andrew Barss
It has no taper....Straight with a machined slot on one side. I tried tapping the live center out but have a feeling it's either really stuck or an integral part of the whole piece. I don't really know. I'll just have to keep looking.
Just before I sent this I went to a site that had an exploded view of the parts and it described part #30 as a dead center with a #1 morse taper included......Sooo it must be stuck tight...Hmmmm. Wish I knew someone who had this machine.
Keith P.
Reply to
Salmo
The live centre that was on the lathe turned out to be a #1 Morse taper (after using penetrating lube and a few hard taps it released!)
Keith P
Reply to
Salmo
Keith Great! #1 Morse taper accessories are easy to get.
______ God bless and safe turning Darrell Feltmate Truro, NS, Canada

Reply to
Darrell Feltmate

Site Timeline Threads