Lathe Parts

I recently acquired an old Craftsman lathe. Its the same as the one my dad had in high school, so it is late 30s to early 40s vintage. Its the dark blue with the cast iron bed. I am looking for the cast cover that goes over the pulleys. The lathe is complete with everything else. I could not find a part number anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

While I'm on the subject, I believe that the centers are a #1 morse taper. I could also use a live center for it. Someday I may want a face place to do bowls too!

Grant

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

You really want to post this on rec.crafts.woodturning

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Have you posted this request in rec.crafts.woodturning too? Probably a better chance of finding an answer there (although a lot of people read both groups).

Google. You shouldn't have any trouble finding that.

Doug Miller

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

I think I have some NEW-IN-THE-BOX #1 MT centers. Got 'em on eBay and have never used them. I mis-read or missed the #1 MT when I bid on them. I use #2s.

If interested let me know and I'll give you a full description. You can have them for what I paid. I think there are 5 or 6 pieces in my shop.

Nsum.

Reply to
nsum

I started off with a lathe like that one. After I upgraded, I turned it into a foot powered (with a bungy cord as a mock spring pole) lathe. I ended up giving it to a friend because I was running out of room.

You can find accessories at Sears. I bought a #1 morse taper live center there. They also had 4 jaw non scrolling chucks. That means that the jaws move independantly. They may have had face plates, but I don't remember.

Woodcraft also sells #1 MT accessories.

I don't know if you are going to be able to find a pulley cover. If not, I would advise making one for safety. You could make a wooden box that attaches to the lathe bench.

Have fun.

David

remove the key to email me.

Reply to
J Pagona aka Y.B.

I had thought of some kind of box (Safety first!). I would like to get a cover if possible, even though finding one is really a crap shoot.

"J Pag> I started off with a lathe like that one.

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles