Laguna TSS Tablesaw

I viewed the Laguna product video yesterday. The TSS tablesaw with sliding table and scoring is absolutely amazing. Of course the price is amazing, too: a mere $4095! Hah, when I win lotto, maybe.

The scoring feature is another pair of blades the slightly score the stock before it hits the dado blade. This greatly reduces (maybe eveneliminates) the tearout, especially in materials like melamine.

This is the best table saw I've ever seen (I have a 3 hp unisaw, not a bad saw). It's was amazing to see just how good it can get --and there's probably more amazing ones out there I don't even know about.

BTW, I did buy the Laguna LT14SE bandsaw -- their second from the bottom in the product line. A bit extravagent for the hobbyist but dang it, I need some bragging rights!

Reply to
Never Enough Money

So do you have it yet? Tell us about it when you do.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Ahh, but the slider and scorer is what makes it so sexy.

BTW, I take it you prefer Powermatic over Delta...true? My unisaw is really old -- I may replace it in the new couple of years....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Hmmm. The 3 HP right tilt Delta Unisaw with 50" fence is around $1500. The Laguna TSS with sliding tables is around $3600, I could get two nice unisaws for the price if the Laguna.

Although Laguna claims they the sliding table will fit a Unisaw -- it costs $1025 according to the price sheet from Laguna I received last week.

I think I'll be sticking with Delta. I've managed so far w/o any Laguna magic.

That said, I did succumb to the Laguna bandsaw, as I mentioend earlier. I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

BTW, what's a tiling arbor saw?

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Nevermind on the tilting arbor saw question. I did a search in rec.woodworking and got a good answer.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I picked up a used unisaw that has the laguna sliding table. Its sweet. MikeM

Reply to
Mike M

Mike - just curious, why do you not archive your messages?

Anyway, you have aunisaw with a Lahuan sliding table? Wow. Does it look difficult to install and true?

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I don't understand the archive question.

It seems reasonable to install. Trueing it up seems more difficult. Manual is translated from Italian, about like reading chinowese. Hard to get all the tables on the same plane. And shop layout gets interesting, with all extensions in, and all fences set up your looking at almost 9' wide. Mike

Reply to
Mike M

When I read you post from google groups, it says

Note: The author of this message requested that it not be archived. This message will be removed from Groups in 5 days (Apr 5, 7:27 pm).

That's the archive question. Why did you do that? Or perhaps it's happening and you don't know aout it....

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Its news to me, never really looked to much at google. Don't even have time for all the posts here. Just kind of jump in now and then. Don't know why I have no archive, I don't post much anyway so no great loss. If you get a unisaw and put the laguna sliding table on you'll enjoy it. I can also see other ways to spend the money. I was very lucky, I got the saw with overhead guard and dust collection 50" Bess, Delta folding out feed table, large laguna sliding table, mobile base, delta tenoning jig, and WWII blade for $1300. I got it from some one here on this news group who flat out gave me a great deal, and though offered more honored our deal. Thanks Bob. MikeM

Reply to
Mike M

Thaks a heck of a deal. Bob, you got any more deals?

Reply to
Never Enough Money