LADDER

I've got two perfectly good ladders. A nice, extendable, aluminum ladder, and a nice aluminum step-ladder. And, don't know where either one is - I've got two sons, you see. Today, I found where my wire welder is - the younger son was cleaning his van, and it was on the ground. Haven't seen that thing in months, and the last time, it was in the front of his pickup. So, if I need a ladder again, I'll have to either buy another, or make one. Ah well. Children, you can't live with 'em, you can't sell 'em.

JOAT A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence.

- Brander Matthews

Reply to
J T

I have half a dozen I suppose - maybe more.

My best is my 14 and 7 foot pro grade fiberglass and my low grade is my all Al extension that I use doubled up to use as a stairs to my storage area in the shop. I used 14 for inside work in the last house. Now it is used on the house - to get on the outside and that is one stable A frame.

Mart> On Sun, 8 May 2005 17:01:07 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote: >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

I inherited 2 sets of old wooden extension ladders. Pretty neat ladders, v ery light weight, each of the 4 lengths is about 16' long. They are in exc ellent shape, splattered paint on them and the metal hardware has surface r ust, still securely attached and fully functional. I'll never use them. Someday, when I get the shop straightened out, I'll hang them as/for displa y, along with the few other old tools.

Not sure if you can see them well. They are presently hanging from the cei ling rafters of the shop's garage.

I'd be interested in a value of them, should anyone have an idea of their v alue.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I painted houses with my Dad during my high school summers. He had a triple section ladder that would jussst let me be able to paint the peaks on a two story house. I learned to first paint around the ladder where it leaned against the siding, then paint everything I could reach. By then the paint around the ladder had dried so I would grab the ladder and throw myself backward and to the side moving the ladder far enough that I could paint the spots where it had been resting. He trained me to always step on the rung next to the rail and never in the center of the rung. The slip board was made out of oak and seemed to weigh about 700 pounds. He also liked to drip paint on you if you were working underneath him.

Your pictures brought back some good memories of my Dad. Thanks.

light weight, each of the 4 lengths is about 16' long. They are in excellent shape, splattered paint on them and the metal hardware has surface rust, still securely attached and fully functional. I'll never use them. Someday, when I get the shop straightened out, I'll hang them as/for display, along with the few other old tools.

rafters of the shop's garage.

Roy