Lacquering table

Hi all

I have made a new table for my caravan. It is made of to plates of 4mm vene= er with 13mm wood skeleton inside. All glued together.

As for giving it a surface, I am in the process of lacquering - today I hav= e 3 times in 3 hours given it a thing layer of lacquer mixed 50/50 with "wh= ite spirit" (alcohol/ethanol/what is it in English?) - and the reason for a= dding it is that it sucks it all in.=20

Now, for tables, what would be the next step - waiting and adding more tomo= rrow?=20 Going straight for the pure lacquer?

As of the now the bottom side have got 2 layers and the top side 3.

Thanks Sonnich

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen

I would have thinned the first applications with lacquer thinner/ acetone, not an alcohol product.

Next 3 coats - pure lacquer.

Reply to
Sonny

Turpentine is not alcohol, but I dont know that proper word in English - until now

ok, thanks

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen

Next day, or should I wait 2 days?

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen

Next day is fine.

Reply to
Sonny

neer with 13mm wood skeleton inside. All glued together.

ave 3 times in 3 hours given it a thing layer of lacquer mixed 50/50 with "= white spirit" (alcohol/ethanol/what is it in English?) - and the reason for= adding it is that it sucks it all in.

Straight lacquer, 1 hour between coats or as soon as dry. Dewaxed shellac (i.e Sealcoat) makes an excellent, fast-building filler- sealer. Lay the coats on fast and don't worry about skips. The next coat will make them disappear. Trying to touch them up before the lacquer is dry creates ridges.

If you're brushing on the lacquer, don't bother cleaning the brush beyond brushing it onto a piece of cardboard. Fresh lacquer will dissolve the old and get the brush back into working shape.

Reply to
Father Haskell

neer with 13mm wood skeleton inside. All glued together.

ave 3 times in 3 hours given it a thing layer of lacquer mixed 50/50 with &= quot;white spirit" (alcohol/ethanol/what is it in English?) - and the = reason for adding it is that it sucks it all in.=20

It works well, but 2nd layer did have some problems with "bubble" in the la= cquer.

Reply to
Sonnich Jensen