lacquer and interaction with paint

I will be spraying a desk with several coates of Deft clear wood finish (lacquer; using the spray can from Deft) in a garage that is also occupied by a car with a nice paint finish. The car will be covered, cannot be moved, and I have nowhere else to finish the desk. Will the fumes from the spray lacquer interact in any way with the finish on the car? Is there any potential harm here to the car's paint?

Also, for anyone who has used this product before, any tips for application?

Thanks.

Reply to
Bob

No it won't and yes, one, wear a respirator

Reply to
Mike G

If the car is more than a couple of yards away, the lacquer should be dry by the time it hits the cover on the car. It will leave a light coating of dust. Also, the fumes will not affect the finish.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas