Kreg bandsaw fence

This has come onto my short list of tools to invest in. My Ryobi BS50N didn't make it to my house with the factory fence, and frankly I plan to upgrade at some time in the future to a larger machine.

My bandsaw spent enought time in it's prior life to have created a difference in table hight from one side of the blade access slot to the other. Therefore when working with resawing, I have to often tilt the wood fence, monkey around with clamps, etc. Therefore I'm very interested in the Kreg fence that is supposed to allow one to tilt the fence to parallel to the blade.

However, the photos on the Kreg site:

photos link

do not show how the fence tilts, nor do the they actually SHOW it tilted.

Would someone with the fence mind taking some photos of explaining how it works?

thanks Alan

Reply to
arw01

Alan,

The extensive photo gallery on the Kreg sight seems to show a lot of detail, including illustrations of how the fence tilts and adjusts. Did you see the link to it? Its got 14 different photos. It would be nice if all manufacturers did this to show their products.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

I have a slightly different version of this fence (the old FasTTrack brand), so I could be wrong. But, if you look at the 2nd photo in the Kreg gallery, there are two hex head screws in the fence casting. I believe these are used to tilt the casting and adjust the fence in the vertical plane.

Reply to
kkfitzge

I found the manual not too long after posting on their site, which does indeed confirm your suspicion. The two hexhead's are nylon which used together can tilt the clamping mechanism a ways.

Alan

Reply to
arw01

No comment on the Kreg, but will ask about your table problem - you do have the table pin in place right? That is what holds the table halves in line.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood