JUst bought a used unisaw take a look

I just bought a used unisaw more than I wanted to spend but I don't want to spend a bunch of time putting a saw together (adding a large fence) here is a link

run very nice FAR smoother than my contractors saw. It came with all the items in the picture plus a few good blades and a sled. The price was $925, more than I was hoping but I want to start making the cabinets not looking for a saw.

Reply to
wayne mak

Well worth what you paid. Have you priced a new one? I'd sure snatch it up at that price.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Blades and sled--maybe $50-100; 34-183 tenoning jig--$50-75; outfeed table--$50-75. So subtract anywhere from $150 to 250 from 925 and it's looking like a smoking deal.

You suck.

Reply to
LRod

When shopping for used equipment people often forget the time investment in seeking out the "best deal"... like driving to a gas station across the city to save $1.00 on a fill up. It looks to be in good shape... damn near new! You paid a fraction of new price and saved all the set-up time... looks a great deal to me! Enjoy.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-Ltd

Congratulations, looks like a great saw. Really clean - nice extension and outfeed tables. I sure wish I could have found a nice used one around here, but after two years of looking, I gave up. I wanted a left tilt.

Oh, and you suck!

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Reply to
wayne mak

The serial number will tell you - year, and week of manufacture. There may be a day in there, but not sure.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

It came with all the

Wayne, Very sweet deal. A solid 8 on the Horse Traders were Eating Steak Scale.

Enjoy it. Ed

Reply to
amazed

You suck!! when did delta go with the jet color?

Len

Reply to
leonard

As I recall, Delta/Rockwell saws were nearly the same gray from the '30s up until the '90s. As an aside, Jet tools, at least when I first saw them were a medium blue until about 1992 or thereabouts. They (Jet) decided to revamp their colors, and changed over to the white that they still are today.

Delta, not to be outdone, introduced a color change of their own. Now I don't remember which came first, but they had a "Platinum Edition" series that were, as you might expect, a platinum color not all that far removed from their original gray. Somewhere in that time period, they did a white version. I don't recall whether they did their whole tool line or just the Unisaws, but they did.

Time frame? I'd say mid to late '90s. I would be very surprised to learn that they were out more than a year. In any event, a call to Delta will likely yield an answer to that, especially if you give them the serial number as Greg suggested.

Reply to
LRod

The winning #s are "98j56910 model 36-816" Maybe 1998? Sure looks nice. I am more the metal working guy as you can see buy my metal working machines

Reply to
wayne mak

Serial plate will tell you. First number is year, then a letter for the month. A=Jan, B=Feb, etc.,

The rest of the number can get you all the way to the hour, however, have to get into Delta's database to get that.

Sometime in the '90's, after the New Yankee Limited Edition and before the Platinum Edition I think. Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

He got a good deal.

Delta did it first on woodworking machinery with the Great White Limited edition. The very next year, Jet changed to the white color. They said it was their standard color on metalworking machinery and they were just claiming their trademark. That may very well be true, I never bothered to check it out. Delta only intended for it to be a special anyway.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Whaddaya mean "no bargain"?? ... you made a helluva buy on a fine, USA made saw. I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat, and I already own one.

Take care of it and it will be worth at least what you paid in ten years, if not more, because there aren't any more like it being made.

Congratulations!

Reply to
Swingman

Tell you what...you paid too much. I feel bad for you. To alleviate your pain, I will add $100 to the price you paid and buy it from you. It's the kinda guy I am.

*S*

It edges on 'gloat' territory. Nice tool. Enjoy it in good health.

Robatoy

From looking at you pic it isn't that old. With tables and all looks like you made a good buy.

Waytago!

RonB