jointer + planer/thicknesser $$$ break-even point

Note, this is really tough with plastic feed rollers and no bed rollers.

Reply to
George
*snip*

Hum...that is a really good idea. Usually, the boards I am working with, though, are 5' to 6' long, and, have found that they go through the planer ok as is. ON the other hand, I HAVE used such a carrier when planing smaller pieces to scarily thin thickness (1/8" or so). Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Hum..I see your point. I suspect, though that it would work with a good dusting of TopCote on the bed, and some light pressure on the end of the board to "help" it through. My thickness planer IS kind of "low level industrial", so pulling the wood is not a problem. FWIW, I suspect the rollers are actually steel rods with a plastic coating...so not ALL is lost *smile*. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt