Jet non-Xacta cursor question

I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works great but the cursor is about 1/16 off, even slid over as far as it will go in the little slot for it. That is, if I set it to cut 2 inches, I get 1 15/16 inches. I can set it for 2 1/16 and get 2, but I'd really like to get what I set it for and there seems no futher room for adjustment. I could grind 1/16 off the left end of the cursor and that'd fix it, but I hate to do that.

I tried loosening the bolts along the front rail and sliding the rail as far right as it would go - that took it from 1/8 to 1/16 off...

Any ideas?

Thanks Lance

Reply to
lancecra

You might get the folks from Jet on the line and see what they have to say.

I am sure it is still under warranty if you just bought it.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Lance wrote: I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works great but the cursor is about 1/16 off, even slid over as far as it will go in the little slot for it. That is, if I set it to cut 2 inches, I get 1 15/16

inches. I can set it for 2 1/16 and get 2, but I'd really like to get what I set it for and there seems no futher room for adjustment. I could grind 1/16 off the left end of the cursor and that'd fix it, but I hate to do that. I tried loosening the bolts along the front rail and sliding the rail as far right as it would go - that took it from 1/8 to 1/16 off...

If the fence accepts different faces, you might try a thinner piece attached to the fence. Tom

Reply to
tom

Lance-

I have a jet contractor's saw and the same problem. (bought mine back in 2000) I also had the curious problem that the further out the fence got, the more my measurement was off.

I finally (about 6 months ago) figured out what the problem was ~ the holes for mounting the fence are slightly off, and the fence slopes ever-so-slightly down compared to the table top as you go left to right.

This may or may not be your problem, but it was mine...

-aar> I just assembled my Jet table saw and everything works great but the

Reply to
adb

In 1996, I had to do exactly what you describe to my Jet fence. I sold the saw in 2003, and nobody questioned the grind mark.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

Replace the stick on ruler on the rail and position the new one correctly.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys