Jet introduces incredibly large lathe

Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

Leon

I was all set to order one...

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

Leon wrote in news:wr2dnd5AU- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

All they need is a set of turning tools that you can put on a tractor bucket and you'll be set! Nothing like "Real Man" turning.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Remarkably, they can offer that at $800 price-point...

Reply to
dpb

If I only had a shop with a 40+ foot ceiling. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Further evidence the proofreading is for wimps!

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Question. I'm going to turn some 19' columns on it. Do I run it at the full

3600 rpm?
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Turning Man at Burning Man ...

Reply to
Swingman

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I believe it's always a good idea to start slow until the piece is round, then you can run it at whatever speed you want.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Good catch.

Look at the spec data on the right of the page - lists inches.

Mart>> Jet has introduced a new 12' x 21' capacity lathe.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

FInally, I can turn those telephone poles that have been lying around the yard into useful table legs.

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Yeahbut... I wonder if some clown will file a lawsuit over that error looking to pick up a free lathe.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Yeah if only the power companies would turn the poles a final time they would look so much better. :-)

Reply to
Leon

Remember Tom Plamann's huge shop-built lathe? For turing architectural columns.

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Yes! I don't think it had that 12' tall capacity however. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Just Wondering