Jet bandsaw mods

Yes, I don't know how to make a website...

Mark Howell

If your stock bandsaw rated 3 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being perfect), where would you rate it now after you have done all the improvements. I'm impressed with your practical approach and thank you for making the effort to share it - especially for the high quality, appropriate pictures.

Bob Davis Houston, texas

Reply to
bluemax1811-newsgroups

Yep, very nice, thanks, I'm going to see your dust collection ideas will work for me.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

"Mark Howell" wrote in news:Xm0Vd.46140$t46.33935 @trndny04:

Nice work on these mods. I have this saw, and have never felt really comfortable with it, thinking it was just me.

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I have the Jet 16" as well. Like you the original blade went with the packing material. I have not experienced the flexing you described but I did however, build my own mobile base for it and I find it to have a very stable base. (Made using the same style and some parts from the mobile base that came with my Unisaw.) I will take a closer look tonight.

Dave

TeamCasa

Here is the mobil base I made for the Jet bandsaw.

TeamCasa

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:22:28 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

And people think you only have to do those mods to Griz and HF bandsaws. That's a real eye-opener, wot? What are Jets, about $200 more than Griz and $300 more than HF? Har!

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

HF doesn't make an 18" do they? I've only ever seen the Delta clone at HF.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges here (much different configs of saws ....)

Regards, JT

Reply to
John Thomas

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:51:27 +0000 (UTC), the inscrutable John Thomas spake:

Neither does any more. I think I got the last of Griz' 18s and HF never did make one. But for comparison, the concept that Jet, being more expensive yet no better, is valid. I've watched the guys here buying Jets and Deltas for a decade now and the majority of them are not fully pleased. It's sad to see.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I give it an 8. I think there are 16" saws out there with more resaw capacity, and better tables.

Reply to
Mark Howell

Thanks, I was thinking I was the only one who felt like that.

Reply to
Mark Howell

Threre's nothing sad to see. You want to put a price on Jet's customer service, which is probably even better than Delta's? There's alot of quality in a Jet, *for its price point* , than cheaper machines. It wasn't my intention to put down Jet, I mean c'mon, did you look at my equipment list? I spent $20.00 on fixing what *I* think was a problem, and it probably is not a problem at all to other people. And since you-get-what-you-pay-for is a truism, how much happier do you think I'd be with a cheaper machine?

Reply to
Mark Howell

Thats a nice sturdy base, is that C channel? I see that you used the cast iron feet, mine is kinda tippy without them.

Reply to
Mark Howell

No, is square tubing, .0125. The same as the original Delta mobil base. Yea, the feet help with establishing a wider base and lower CG.

Dave

Teamcasa