James Died?

Aretha. Sam and Dave. The Four Tops. The Chambers Brothers. Smokey Robinson and the Miracles. Martha and the Vandals (don't even try), Marvin Gaye, The Commadores, Gladys, The Supremes, Tempt's,

Jesus Wept...

That man will be missed.

Regards,

Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

So did Charlie Drake.... Same day I think.

Mekon

Reply to
Mekon

I read an editorial that suggested that, for a guy who didn't live his life paying much heed to the Surgeon General's health recommendations, J. B. was doing pretty damn well to cheat the grim reaper for 73 years.

Yep, Papa's got a brand new box.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

And Buddy, on the day the music died.

Bob Tryin' one anyway: Martha and the Vandellas

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Did you hear that the funeral took three times longer than expected because of all his wardrobe changes?

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Thank the stars Les Paul will go on forever. I'm pretty sure he's working on making himself bionic.

Sure hope I don't outlive Clapton.

I wonder if anyone packed it in when Sinatra died?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

With all the respect I have for those guys, and it's a lot.

This is the musician who I will truly miss some day:

Reply to
B A R R Y

Without question, Sinatra set the standard; however, even he recognized where no to go.

When asked about recording "Scotch & Soda", he supposedly responded that Bob Shane's rendition put that song out of reach for anybody else.

Bob Shane, who he?

Think Kingston Trio.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Buddy

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

(Sound of dope slap) Not you, fool--the one with talent.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Agreed-Shane is one of the great unrecognized stylists in music, probably because he was so genre-specific.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Jeez, touchy li'l asshole, aintcha?

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Buddy, I think that was meant as humor. Forgot the emoticon.

Reply to
CW

I ain't so little. I should have included a smiley...

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Neither am I.

Let's drop it.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Up the Irons Barry. \m/

- jbd

Reply to
Freddie

Yeah, lets.

You're both nice people who have misunderstood each other. 'Nuff said.

Watson - listening t his newly acquired Will The Circle Be Unbroken off of the iTunes site, so he don't have to copy it from vinyl.

There's more good music on this bad boy than I can process.

The only bad thing I've found is that Honky Tonking ain't nowhere near as good as Hank's.

Doc and Merl are awsome, though.

Regards,

Tom Watson (Fairly Unbalanced)

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Yeeesss sir!

I caught a fantastic USA opening night of the current tour in Hartford. If more musicians drank and smoked less and played more "football", they could all sound that good in their 50's. I never sat down during the show.

I never sat down at the 5-6 JB shows I saw either. The cast of thousands on stage always gave me a chuckle, too!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Back on that Lost Highway, eh? Which Circle, Tom--1 or 2?

BTW, who sang "Wildwood Flower" in "Walk the Line?" It was ostensibly June Carter (pre-Cash) but it wasn't her sound at all. I suspect it was lip-synched to a Maybelle Carter original. Anyone?

Thous hast said it. I put 150 CDs worth of my junk on a 30gb iPod and filled only 3/8th of it. Now to hard wire it to my truck's stereo system and life is complete.

The only quirk I've found in the iPod is that it was apparently designed for earbud-type reproduction--no bass. So the iPod is heavy on bass and when I run it through my home stereo I need to dial way back on bass and way up on treble.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Menu|Settings|EQ ... turn it to OFF and see if you still have the problem. Of the 6 iPods we've had, none of them have exhibited the problem you mention.

BTW, do hardwire it to your truck stereo and don't fall for the FM xmitter, or you will be missing the bass, sorely!

My truck stereo has a stereo aux input ... wouldn't leave home without it.

Reply to
Swingman