ISO - special shaped threaded rod

How many do you need and what size and thread size and I can make them on my mill in about two minutes. Contact me off line and just pay the postage. Dick

Reply to
rhncue

You're undercutting my price by a six-pack, Dick...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

5 minutes, tops.
Reply to
CW

5 minutes. Are you that impatient?
Reply to
CW

I am quite interested in the Veritas Bit Jack,

it does not work with my Bosch 1617, and a call to LV resulted in learning that it is not likely that a compatible version is on its way soon. IMO, the Bit Jack seems to provide a great way to do mortises because the foot pedal lets you easily change the depth of the bit. If a lot of mortises need to be cut, rather than cutting a shallow mortise in each piece, resetting, and then doing them all again, it seems that one could do multi-depth cuts for each mortise all at once, so to speak. And, no need to drop the piece on a spinning bit. I don't know what the tech challenges are, but I would think it would make some sense to offer this product for a router as common as a 1617. Just a hunch.

So, I have pondered making something comparable and one version of what I came up with would need such a part. The lever arm would slide up and down this part and a nut would raise/lower the lever arm. I had assumed that such a part existed - aside from the un-economic depth-setting piece on a drill press. While I am disappointed that apparently it does not exist, I am almost proud that I have "stumped the band". I am constantly amazed at some of the ISO posts here and the almost invariable answer of a name and a source for it. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

Wow, that is amazingly generous. Thank you. If I knew 100% that I would need this part (see a reply post of mine above for what I am thinking about

-- a home-made version of the LV Bit Jack), I'd be in touch ASAP. But, I'm still tinkering with designs. While I regularly buy parts that I end up not needing (and they are around here everywhere, and boy is it exciting when I find some other need for one of them - and I can find it), I'd be loath to ask someone to make something at my current stage of design. (But I've flagged your post for future ref.) Again, thank you. This NG gets more amazing all the time. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

That's a possibility for me. I'm thinking maybe square stock in aluminum

-- which could probably handle the likely stress (i.e., steel may not be needed) and it would seem easier for me to thread by hand. What I am picturing is rounded corners that are threaded -- enough threading for a nut to grab onto. Thanks. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

The market's a bitch, isn't it. Ha!

Reply to
igor

Sound like a punchline for a peculiar joke.

Reply to
igor