Is it normal the safety valve leaking air slowly?

Hi All... I just got my first air compressor, oil lub with 2.5 hp and 6 gal tank.

The safety valve leaks air from 115 psi to 90 psi in about 20 minutes and down to 60 psi in about 5 hours.

Is this normal?

Thanks, Dennis.

Reply to
evernever

NO.

dave

evernever wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

NO

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

No.

Lest their not expensive to replace. Ratings should be marked on the valve.

If it's a new compressor they should replace the valve, or compressor (depends on model and where bought) without a gripe.

Or you could try unseating and reseating the poppet.

Reply to
Mark

"evernever" wrote in news:1vYlc.56636$ snipped-for-privacy@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

I just bought the PC 2 nailer gun combo kit with a 6 gal pancake compressor. Is that motor noisy! But the tank stays at >90 psi for hours and hours, if you don't use the gun. (Just as a test, I don't know whether it is recommended to leave the tank alone that long).

Using this is far better than a hammer to put lots of nails in!

Reply to
Han

Thanks, Mark. I unseated and reseated the valve (a tiny piece of dirt was there) then it is not leaking now.

Cheers, Dennis.

Reply to
evernever