IRISH TUAM

I suppose as opposed to an English, or Scottish Tuam.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Tuam is a location in Ireland. Now a town, originally better known as the archdiocese. The idea of a "Scottish Tuam" is as nonsensical as a Windsor chair made outside Berkshire 8-)

I'm not familiar with this pattern of chair being described as a "Tuam chair". As it happens, Tuam does have a famous chair but it's a stone throne allegedly the coronation chair of the O'Connor kings.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Looks damned uncomfortable!

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

Mon, Dec 19, 2005, 3:14am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (foggytown) doth obsereth: Looks damned uncomfortable!

Who cares? You make one, and give it to the cousin you don't like, or your mother-in-law - they'll think you're great, and never get rid of it, no matter how uncomfortable it is. No prob.