Interesting woodworker's market niche...

Wooden computer cases, from $6,150 to $35,000...

Dhakala

now thats innovation! What outstanding workmanship.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Of course, what do you expect from a Canadian?

:)

Reply to
Upscale

If you guys would just learn how to cook, you would be perfection personified. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

"Dhakala" wrote

computer cases. Decorators would call him because many women objected to the "icky" computer cases. Seems that they clashed with the decor.

These wooden cases cost a lot more than he charged. I wonder how well they would handle heat or a big load. I don't think, even for the big bucks, that you would get a high performance computer.

Must be the same folks who go to great lengths to cover up any evidence of a big screen TV or audio equipment.

I am impressed by the high tech looks of some of the gaming computers. At least with those computers, you are paying for actual performance. Which is more impressive to me than "purty".

But I do admit, the workmanship is outstanding. And it looks good.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Venting is the answer to heat, most CPUs will put out at about 50 to

60 degrees C with cooling fan, providing enough CFM to allow things not to over heat is important. There are some liquid coolers availble, but the power supply actually would be the biggest heat source. Metal shield with in the case to cut down on RF interference might account for a bit of the price. But I think one could build one hell of a computer desk for the minimum price.

Wish I could tell how well engineered they are but thats a hand on thing for myself. But they are purty.

Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Reply to
Markem

It doesn't get much more high performance than an Athlon 64 4800+ and Geforce 7900, at least not unless you're talking high-end servers. Further, they're liquid cooled--they should handle any load you put on them.

Reply to
J. Clarke