Interesting story reflecting on ww. the depression, and other thoughts

you look, be sure to look at the photo the author posted in the comments section below--it looks like a story in itself.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Great story by David.

My last house was built in 1939 and had roughsawn 2x4 studs covered by

1/4" plywood. I saw that picture and believe that stack of ply behind them is likely identical to the 1/4" stuff which adorned my old shack.

-- Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice. -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"DAMMIT Son, you're doing it bass-ackwards!"

But it worked. I have Dad's tools and some of his Dad's tools.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com, Bill typed: ...

Reply to
Twayne

Never met my grandfather, but I think of him whenever I use his old hand tools. Feels like I'm shaking his hand.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Sorry, you didn't like it. But hey, it didn't cost you much, and perhaps considering it will help make you more thankful for what you have. Or are you "3rd-generation I don't give a 46-55-43-4B" ?

42-49-4C-4C-0A
Reply to
Bill