INSPIRATION - 24 bottle beer chest

Scroll down to it. And, check the price. Beats the Hell out of the quality, and price, of the ammo box posted before.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

JT, What a racket !!

Notice the comments vs. the photo . . . Any bets the 'Corporate Logo' business cost more then the box - a LOT more. I have an OLD 'Moosehead' beer box I 'rescued' from the trash. Also one from another brewer . . . not to mention a couple of Remington ammo boxes. Simple enough to 'copy' them and offer up 'bare . . . let the buyer fight the 'Corporations' for use of their logos.

Regards & Thanks, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {PS - My cases came WITH the BEER !! }

Reply to
Ron Magen

I am into model railroads. Anything that Union Pacific owns, and they have bought up a lot of fallen flags, like Denver & Rio Grande, Southern Pacific, etc., there is an additional 5-10$ on the cost to cover their licensing fee. Used to be they considered it free advertising, now it's a profit center. Other lines are now jumping onto the licensing scheme.

I wonder if the beer companies are doing the same?

Reply to
Bill B

Wed, Mar 15, 2006, 7:07am (EST-2) snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net (Bill=A0B) sayeth: Other lines are now jumping onto the licensing scheme. I wonder if the beer companies are doing the same?

Probably.

Nah, I'm not back, just saw this thread as I posted an update on a experiment.

Anything I make for myself, I'll put whatever logo, trademark, or whatever else on it. If it's for sale, I make up my own logo, or whatever, not copying anything else - or I'll just leave it bare. I seriously doubt any corporation would track me down to sue me, but it's not in me to copy someone else's work and profit from it, or take credit for it. I don't do that.

If you can get bare, or generic, rolling stock, if it's just for your use, that's what I'd do. Then I'd put on, or paint on, whatever I wanted on it. I'm sure there's decals you can buy with that stuff on it. Or, I've seen instructions on the web for making your own decals. If I could save $5-10 a piece by doing that way, that's exacely what I'd do. Actually, what I'd probably really do would be make up my own railway name, and use that.

However, for the chicken-hearted, you can always contact he parent company, and ask them for permission to use their logo, or whatever. Surprising sometimes what you'll get permission to do if you just ask. I don't know that you'll get carte blanche to sell sell stuff with their mark, but you never know. In that case, I would definitely want someint in writing, with a signature, before I tried it. But, for personal use, I doubt you'd get a no - except possibly from Disney.

You can use my company's info if can't come up with anything on your own: ACME DELIVER COMPANY Specializing In Bearded Clams & Bald Eagles