If it slips, where's it gonna go?

Chain mesh gloves.

Battery powered head lamp.

Flame retardant suit

NASCAR crash helmet, seat restraints and steel crash cage.

If an oncoming car comes across the center line........................

Premade funeral urn.

Reply to
Jack

Keith Nuttle on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 17:55:39

-0400 typed >> Puckdropper on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:23:34 GMT

As a friend says "Experience is what tells you 'This is going to hurt - a lot!'" or "Now is the time to flinch!"

Sigh. You see a bunch of guys standing round talking, and one is gesturing and the others have their hands tucked in their armpits or pockets - and it is not cold out - you know that story is going to end " and then he pulled back what was left..."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Leon wrote in news:c_SdnRzanKyeirzGnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Just use the trash can. It's not worth keeping bad screws.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

-MIKE- wrote in news:pfr479$srd$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Does anyone make pocket screws with Torx heads? I use a square driver for those, as it's not quite as bad as Phillips but it's still awful.

Special snowflake (combo) heads should be banned.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I don't know, but that would be nice.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Well, well...

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote in news:pfruct$n8h$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I know what I'm going to order when this batch runs out! Thanks!

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Google it... there are other suppliers. I have a TON of pocket hole screws left, but I'll look fort these when I run out.

Reply to
-MIKE-

But you have to remove the screw first.....

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:4oOdnW75QuaQCrzGnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I've done that one. I used every screw removal trick I know and invented a new one. It was on my RAS. It was a flat head set screw, so there was no way to get a tool other than a screw driver in. I had a good fit with the screwdriver, but the screw wouldn't come out and wound up messing up the head. So, I tried the left-handed drill bits, but the screw was still stuck.

So I drilled out the bulk of it, carefully selecting a size that would leave the female threads intact. Next came a series of very careful turns with a tap and poking a wire in there to loosen up any threads that were knocked loose by the tap.

Success! Got the screw freed from the threads and put into the trash can where it belongs. Made a new set screw (I could have ordered one, but I had all the parts--why wait?) and got on with adjusting my saw.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

If you used the right sized screwdriver in the first place.... ;~)

You know there are some screws, especially the ones from those Asian countries, that look like they were old and used screws when the machine was built.

Reply to
Leon