I owe a debt of grattitude to one of you.

I don't remember who it was who mentioned Charles Niel's video on controlling tear out using the scalloping technique.

But just a few minutes ago I routed some maple that had the grain going in the wrong direction. Instead of climb cutting I tried the scalloping technique. AWESOME. Both stiles were chamfered using the scallop then cleanup routine. I had left a lambs tongue at both ends and no tear out.. easy clean... WOW!!!!

Thank you.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Link?

Reply to
-MIKE-

He calls is "bump cutting":

Swingman

Reply to
tiredofspam

of those benefits from late night browsing of non-UseNet headers on an RSS feed.

LOL ... surprised I disremembered it. :)

Reply to
Swingman

I have a big chip-out! Now I have a name to call it to go along with the swearing at myself. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-