I need a machinist here in Portland Oregon any recommendations?

MY guy does not have the time to do the job. I need some planes irons surface ground on one side. anyone know who to go too? these are expensive and I am not good at going around finding people.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Mark and Kim Smith

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 17:11:31 GMT, Steve Knight calmly ranted:

Fish around at rec.crafts.metalworking, too, Steve.

--============================================-- Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

We're in Washington. I can put you in touch with our sales guy if you'd like. We've got a couple of surface grinders that are never that busy. A little further away than what you'd like, I'm sure but guaranteed good work.

Reply to
CW

I should have asked when he called. but it is too hard to get a hold of him. took two weeks to call back (G) and he is not in Portland.

Reply to
Steve Knight

no reply so far.

Reply to
Steve Knight

DSU Peterbilt over on Swan island has a long history of machine work repair of diesel engines where tolerences are in the .0000's I would think they could make a recommendation. Also perhaps a call to the local INTEL factory to talk to a FAB supervisor might come up with someone.

I have a contact for a water and laser jet cutter and they often need machinists as well.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

If you haven't found anybody yet, a number of years ago I had a serious problem while passing through The Dalles. There was a machine shop that did some really nice work for me there at a good price in very short order. IIRC, the name was Dalles Iron Works.

I know they are a bit east of you, but any port in a storm, etc.

David

Reply to
david C

If you don't mind going as far as Astoria, here is the feller I use:

Portway Machine Works

503-458-6171 Ask for Gary

He's pretty reasonable price wise and can handle anything. And he's good.

SH

Reply to
Slowhand

well a miracle today. I get a good list of shops to go too and I have to open up the box of Japanese irons. I had not opened them as why since I thought I would be shipping them again. well what do I find but they are pretty much flat. they finally got it right. when you have 2800.00 worth of irons You don't take chances. take care all.

Reply to
Steve Knight