I need a finish

right down to the wording, of Robert Mussey's "Cabinet Maker's Guide" of 1827. Such plagiarism was fairly commonplce in the period.

Incidentally, if you're hunting such old recipes, Mussey is available from Dover Press as a cheap reprint. They do many of the classic old text too, such as Theophilus and Cellini. Sadly I still haven't found myself a Dossie, or a Stalker and Parker.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thank you for that. Is this your website?

love that steel brief case, it looks like something someone in "The Firm" would use for ... whatever, but it is killer!

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

No, that's a friend's work. I just did the recent restoration job (electrolytic de-rust) on it.

PS - Did you get an email from me last week ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No my addy is not available by reply here as I have it fouled, I didn't know you sent one. But it is *cravdraa at yahoo period com* and that addy is spammed enough, but go ahead.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

See "which is the best .22?" thread....

Reply to
Old Nick

Okay I got it Andy. That is an awesome page on chemical and finish tutorials man, thank you! I will keep it and study it, maybe print it up and make my own booklet out of it too.

Thanks again,

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK