I Have An Excuse! Which Cordless Hammerdrill / Drill / Driver?

"Mark Jerde" wrote in news:RvYsg.7557$F8.708@trnddc02:

Does the motor still run well? I've got a use for a 13.2V motor... Seems it would fit quite well in a Garden Scale Model Train. ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I ve put in a LOT of Drywall screws with my DeWalt 12V cordless and its light enough to hold over your head. The two battery set-up will give you enough juice to work all day. I built a house with the DW and ran over

10,000 screws with it ( and an old Craftsman 9.6V) Theyre under $ 100 these days.

I just bought a Ryobi P220 18V 3 spd hammerdrill at HD for 49.97/ chgr

19.97/ 2 batts 39.97..whole works for $ 110 and it wails !..but try and hold THAT baby over yer head for a while..
Reply to
Rudy

Your at least using the 13.2v version ;) After bringing home a 6 amp corded Dewalt I took a look at my B&D cordless and it says 6v. No wonder it does not do much. Big difference!

Reply to
ewitte

Yes, but have you ever tried a screw gun? I used to think these cordless drills were one of the wonders of the universe, and maybe they are, but not for all things. We had a pro drywall installer come in and show us (Habitat) a few tricks. Also had one of those nifty screw drivers. The difference was notable and I even talked him into loaning it to us (he was coming back to help out more than once). The screw gun is lighter and more suited to driving screws than a cordless drill. A cordless drill will work, and if you can only get one tool, than the drill is more versatile. But, if you can swing both, (and I've seen the screwguns for under $100), go for the screw gun for your drywall.

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Perhaps you should refrain from smashing the poor creature before you attach the cables - you might get more juice outta a live one...

Renata

Reply to
Renata