I found it in the street.....

A hammer, a buck knife, and a large upright piano.

I didn't take the piano though. If you find yourself on 9W in NY look for it. As you approach Bear Mountain, 9W climbs up the Palisades then back down to the entrance of Harriman Park. On the downhill side, it's off to the right about 40 feet from the road. Can't imagine how it ever got there.

-Chris

Reply to
Chris

I had a St. Bernard who was finding all sorts of things and bring them home to me: Hammers, cresent wrenches, pliers, clothing.

Come to f> On my way to work on Monday, I came around a corner and

Reply to
Steve Hopper

I have heard, without proof, that women tend to get synchronized when there are a number of them living together. That would mean that you will get it from all of them all at the same time. Good time to be in the shop, methinks.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Lost my spare once too. The cable holding it under the back of the truck simply snapped, and the tire fell off. Weird thing was, I was standing at the kitchen window the next morning (before I realized I had lost the tire) and saw a tire leaned up against my mailbox post. Figuring someone had "dumped" it, I was a bit pissed, and went out to get it so I could bring it to the dump. Discovered it was mine, it had fallen off and rolled into the ditch, and someone (dunno who) had propped it up against my mailbox.

OBWW: The mailbox post is red cedar and has lasted for almost 30 years, untreated.

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE

It's true, I think. Come to think of it, I too have only anecdotal evidence.

Ask me in five or six years.

Wow, there's a thought.

I need to get busy learning blacksmithing so I can make that chastity belt in time. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I want a mini gun.

The whole concept is really no laughing matter though. From the first hint of puberty on to maybe 25 there's only one thing the male of the species is after.

I just have this vision of my little girl coming home, sporting piercings in all the places I'm not supposed to see, a nice tattoo in the small of her back, smoking a Marlboro and telling me "f*ck you, Dad, I'm moving in with Billy."

When she's 12.

Reply to
Silvan

Look at it this way . . . . . that means 3 weeks of sanity between times!!!!

NOT!!!!!!

Wife & 3 daughters . . . all cycle a little different, so it's normally

*somebody* on the bandwagon all the time, but they do occasionally fall into sync about every 1 1/2 or 2 yrs., and then it's time to just *get the H*ll out of Dodge* until the smoke clears. (DAMHIKT)

Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

It's true. Twenty something years ago I herd of a study done in colledge/ university dorms and sorority houses that found females cycles tend to align.

Reply to
Mark

Mike, Don't have any children, just two Malamutes, but I do have an 'inexpensive' idea . . .

As a '3-gun' bullseye pistol shooter, I'd just make a pin, necklace, or ornament from one of my .45 targets. Or, in the shape of pistol, itself. "Oh, my dad gave me that, he has a couple of Trophy's, too."

Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop PS: I taught my wife to shoot. She now has more Trap Shooting awards then I do !!

"Silvan" wrote SNIP

Reply to
Ron Magen

LMAO!!!!

SWMBO was standing right here though, and she's giving me a really nasty look. Maybe I'd better continue with the chastity belt idea. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I have one of each, so I get to experience both sides of it. :)

May not be a problem if the boy is a chip off the old block though. I didn't kiss my first girl until I was 19, and that's SWMBO. I didn't give my parents much to worry about in the dating deparment.

Reply to
Silvan

Couple of true stories:

  1. Our neighbor in TX had 3 daughters, all of them extremely cute. He is a marine corp Annapolis grad. He used to tease his oldest telling her that when she had her first date pick her up, he was going to be in the living room with a bottle of Jack Daniels on the table and cleaning his rifle.
  2. Guy we know told me about a date he had; went to the house to pick up his date and was met by the date's father. He took him down to the basement and asked him if he wanted a beer. The guy told the father, "I don't drink, I'm not old enough" To which the father answered, "Don't lie to me son, you're not getting off to a very good start here." This guy then answered, "OK, a beer sounds fine." The father then went to the bar, opened the refrigerator, took out a beer, laid it on the bar, took out a revolver, laid it on the bar, and took out a second beer, opened it and handed it to the young lad. He told him, as he picked up the gun and opened the second beer for himself, "Have my daughter back by 11 pm. If you touch her, I'll kill you. Enjoy the beer." He then took the gun and his beer and left the room for the boy to wait for his date. The guy said, "I checked the gas, verified my tires were perfect, and had her back by 10:15."
Reply to
Mark & Juanita

My friend's father took his dog out for a walk and the dog found a brand new top-line Makita drill/driver under a bush. His father gave it to my friend as he's a plumber and he had use for it.

Friend came into the pub that night and gloated mightily about his good fortune!

As there was no battery or charger with it, the following day he took it down his local hardware shop in order to buy a battery and charger for it. Unfortunately, a couple of days earlier a thief had picked up the drill/driver out of that same shop and done a runner. The shop thus alerted, phoned up the cops and my friend was arrested.

He was taken to court for receiving stolen goods. The court didn't believe his (true) story about the dog having found it (despite testimony from his father) so he ended up being convicted and receiving a hefty fine - much more than what the drill/driver was worth :(

Moral of the story: beware of dogs bearing gifts and I guess I'm lucky because I've never found anything ;)

Reply to
Frank Shute

Sort of my plan, but I want to get one of those Defender shotguns in

If that had been me before the age of 18, I wouldn't have been lying.

It's funny how I lost my beer cherry. I was a junior counselor at a foreign language camp. On the night before the campers arrived, we all went out to some restaurant. When the waitress came around, I had to go to the bathroom. I never could have pulled this off if I had been trying, mind you, but the timing was perfect. I came back, and there was a glass of beer sitting in my spot. All the guys I was with were either foreign or college students (I was just out of high school), so they just egged me on. The waitress kept them coming. Never did check my ID.

I got drunk as hell, and then I had to pretend I wasn't, because I only had two or three. I didn't dare let on to anyone that I had never had a beer before. Since I had had far less to drink than everyone else, I got elected to drive everyone back, which I stupidly did. No, nothing bad came of it. Just sad in retrospect that I experienced underaged drinking and drinking and driving on the same night. I definitely do not advocate drinking and driving!!!

That year at camp was fun. We stayed up until dawn every night getting plastered. Never again at a restaurant though.

Reply to
Silvan

perhaps you should....found $60 rolled in to a tube with a rubber band around it.... bought me and SWMBO dinner and drinks...

Reply to
WARRENRN1

Gadzooks... $60 would buy me and SWMBO and the kids dinner and drinks for two, maybe three weeks. :)

Reply to
Silvan

Total curcumstance . . . The night my oldest girl got engaged, they walked in & there I sit cleaning my 20ga., getting ready for deer season to open in

2 days! Don't think the SIL to-be could figure out just what was going on, and how did I already know about it? Nahmie
Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Many years ago my roommate and I were coming home from a concert and he picked up an envelope that was lying in the gutter. It contained $480 and about a gram of cocaine. He spent about a week hoping it wasn't a plant. Paid the rent that month.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

And what did he do with the money? ;o)

kidding!

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

Every Latvian I've ever met spills more than I drink and they don't spill much. ARM

Reply to
Alan McClure