How to remove glued-on quarter-round from baseboard?

My client wants to put carpet down over his hardwood floors. (Yeah, I know, he's an idiot.) As a first step, he wants the quarter-round removed from the baseboard.

The quarter-round is glued on, not nailed. Arrrgh!

A good bit of it just popped off, since glue doesn't stick well to paint. Where he hit bare wood with the glue, though, a big chunk of the baseboard is coming off with the quarter-round. I stopped when the second chuck came off, and I have to give him a recommendation.

Any suggestions how to proceed? I know the carpet will hide a good bit of the damage, but I want to give him a good job. I guess I can fill it with putty, but the carpet guys are coming next week, and I don't have forever.

Reply to
Steve

The only thing I can think of would be to use some kind of wide thin bladed tool and drive it between the shoe and the base from above. A wide putty knife or painters tool maybe....

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.