How to Re-saw 9" On a 14" Bandsaw Without a Riser.

-MIKE- wrote in news:k438n2$t8a$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Did you spend all your money on the plywood, then? A riser block kit for a bandsaw runs in the sub-$100 range. I think mine was around $60 for the Powermatic kit. (It works just fine on the Jet saw, just doesn't look pretty).

The motor might not handle resawing at the full depth, but just because you have the ability to cut 12" with a riser doesn't mean you have to.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I guess the point is, I wanted to try it to see if it would work, before buying the riser and longer blade. If it didn't work, I lost nothing and I would get the riser and blade and continue. But it worked and the first project is done... I'm on to the second.

I also learned a lot about what's really important when re-sawing.

Reply to
-MIKE-