How to get a 198 lb bandsaw off the truck?

holy shit! I'm *that* much older than you?

Reply to
bridger

Darn infants! Born 11/10/36

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Hey, hey, hey!! You're exactly 30 years younger than the Marine Corps - to the day!! ;-)

mahalo, jo4hn

p.s. and exactly 10 years older than Maggy, but don't tell her I told...

Reply to
jo4hn

Norm Crow responds:

Old fart. October 10, 1938.

Charlie Self "Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

I didn't remember the age of the Marine Corps, but I knew it was the same birthday. When I was on the USS Salem, we had a contingent of Marines as the Admirals Guard(6th fleet flagship). I got to know some of them, and due to my birthday, got pretty close(able to sneak extra time in the tailor shop to press uniforms & so on when they had their hours, etc.) Pulled liberty with a bunch of them on my 21st in Beirut, didn't have to buy a drink all night.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Crikey Nahmie, you're nearly an oxygenarian!

Groggy (who's but a pup in celestial years)

Reply to
Groggy

Or until you start driving a truck for a living. My arms and legs are in GREAT shape, but my belly not so much. I can't lose it either. I've been watching what I eat and keeping my activity level up for years, and it isn't coming off. At least I'm not gaining.

Or I wasn't gaining until my wife's troubles started. I can't really say that anymore. I've put on 20 pounds, and not because of holiday eating.

Nah. I guess not. No use.

Yeah, I know, but this isn't a good time for me to be cynical Larry.

Reply to
Silvan

Yeah, probably. My *dad* is 54. I'm 32, I guess. My wife is 36. Cradle robber.

Reply to
Silvan

You're not old enough to be my grandfather, so I guess you're not a geezer.

Reply to
Silvan

Hint: it wasn't *19*06 to which jo4hn was referring. ;-)

But by way of trivia, it wasn't '06 in any century. The Marines were formed by act of the Second Continental Congress on 10 November 1775.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

FWIW, I met a fellow a while back who dated Raquel Welch (not just his tale--several other people I knew had seen them together). That was pretty much his assessment of her.

Hope all goes or went well.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yeah, yeah, I dated Raquel Welch. That's the ticket.

(I guess most of you won't get that. I was talking to some of my wife's relations who are roughly the same age I am. None of us have any idea what's going on with SNL anymore, and since that was a SNL reference from my youth, you geezers probably have nary a clue what I'm yammering about. Oh well.)

Reply to
Silvan

"Hi ... I'm from the Pathological Liar's Association of America"

(glances left and right, then stage whispers)

"In fact ... I'm the President!"

Nah, d>

Reply to
Rick

I stand corrected. It was only 24 years younger. ;-) j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Lee...

I seem to recall, however, that it took you nearly a month to recruit those warm bodies, while your jointer languished -- lovely word, languished -- in the back of said van. I think I even read about it somewhere.

A.J.

Reply to
AJ_Hamler