How to fill wood gap?

Hi. I joined two maple countertops but one edge wasn't completely flat and there is a small gap across much of the joined section (about 25 inches). I don't need a perfect match so I'm not too worried about the gap, but I'd like to fill it with something that won't look too different from the maple. Is there anything good at HD that I could use to fill that gap before I poly the surface?

thanks, dwhite

Reply to
Dan White

ahh... the famous "I meant to do that"... not that I've ever done that, of course.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

SSSSHHHHHH! You guys! You'll get us all in trouble!!!!

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR

OK, thanks for all the responses. Tho' the inlay idea is nice, it is a bit more elaborate than what I wanted to get into. I picked up some plain ole' "natural" color wood filler. Looks like it came out OK.

thanks for the help, dwhite

Reply to
Dan White